Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday

6678961827 53a3b81485 o Desperately Wanting Wednesday: Novels Without Covers Yet



It's that time of week for my favorite meme, hosted by Parajunkee.  This week it's all about Indie publishers!  Those books that are published by a smaller, indie company.. either books we're waiting to come out, or that we just haven't picked up yet..

Here's my choices..



Blood Hunt (II AM Trilogy #2) Blood Hunt (II AM Trilogy #2) by Christopher Buecheler
ebook, 1st Edition, 515 pages
Published August 30th 2011 by Christopher Buecheler

He killed her lover, and for that crime and many others, Two Majors cut off the vampire Abraham's head, reduced his remains to ashes, and scattered them to the winds. Now each night she wanders New York, freed from the chains of heroin addiction but longing still for Theroen's kiss, the taste of blood on his lips, the echo of his thoughts in her ears. There are other vampires out there; she knows it, and so she hunts.
Tori Perrault spent a dozen years living in the woods, stalking her prey in the dark and killing without mercy. Now, she too has returned to humanity, and struggles to come to terms with all that has happened. Her parents' love smothers her and life seems empty. She spends her nights in the bottle, and in the company of strange men. She doesn't know that she is watched, until the fragile life she has rebuilt is torn from her and she is dropped suddenly into a world she never knew existed.
Rhes Thompson and Sarah Taylor have never met a vampire, and never want to. All they want is to help their friend Two, who falls further away from them with each passing day. They have all but given up when they are thrust into a world of madness, death, and vampire politics beyond their understanding. They must abandon their concern for Two, and worry instead about saving their own lives.
Blood Hunt is the ambitious sequel to the popular Urban Fantasy novel The Blood That Bonds. Nearly twice as long as the first novel, Blood Hunt weaves together the stories of Two, Tori, Rhes and Sarah, along with a large cast of characters both old and new, as they attempt to navigate their way through the difficulties they face.

I absolutely loved the first book in this series, he's self published, but a very good writer!!  I can't wait to read it, it seems like I've been waiting for forever for this one!!

Paperback, 312 pages
Published October 6th 2010 by Amanda Hocking (first published October 1st 2010)


"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."
Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

Ok, Zombies aren't usually a first choice for me, I actually haven't read one book about them.  On the screen they give me nightmares for some reason!  :)  But, this sounds awesome, and I have to say, Amanda Hocking is one of my favorites!  I do love her writing and would read anything she puts out!

If you would like to join in on this weekly meme, see here for details!  Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I actually have Hollowland! I just need to read it. Happy Wednesday :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I love your site and am a new follower! I couldn't find a comment area for your post, so I thought I'd reply here. Great picks!!
      Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete
  2. Hollowland is really good. I haven't heard of the other one, but when I first saw the cover I thought it was True Blood fan art lol

    My DWW.

    ReplyDelete