Saturday, May 26, 2012

Review: Witches

Thank you for checking out my stop on the Phil Stern Book Review tour, hosted by Virtual Book Tour Cafe.

Witches  Witches by Phil Stern
When it comes to magic, women have always been in control. Until now.
For centuries, only gifted young women have been able to wield magic, using their special talents to protect those in need.
But a powerful wizard has appeared, attacking empowered women across multiple worlds.
A young Terran-based sorceress, the strongest of her generation, must find and stop the magical madman before he can bend the Coven to his depraved will. Along the way, she must also confront doubts about the role her fellow witches may have played in her own family's demise.

My Review:
This book is about a coven of witches who basically prey on human normal men in order to basically breed.  Definitely a unique concept, and an interesting one.  Then a very powerful wizard begins attacking and kidnapping witches. They are shocked because it is believed that only females have powers.  So, a group of powerful young witches is sent out to track him down and dispatch of him.
I enjoyed the plot of this book and the characters as well.  The only real disappointment, to me, was the ending.  It was so abrupt, I had no idea I was that close to the end (I use a reader and rarely check to see my progress in a book, esp. if I'm really into it).  I would have liked to know about how things turned out for some of the characters involved, but it was almost open for a sequel.. If Phil Stern does write a sequel, I would definitely read it.
I gave this book 3 stars.
 
You can buy this book here.

Or, any of his other books here.

Please show Phil Stern some support and check out the other stops along this tour..
May 2- Witches Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books
May 4 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books
May 6 - Witches Reviewed at The Writing World
May 11 - The Reclaimed Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books
May 18 - A Time for Ryda Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books
May 19 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at My World
May 25 - The Bull Years Reviewed at Books, Books, and More Books
May 26 - Witches Reviewed at My World
May 31 - The Reclaimed Reviewed at Book Reviews, Fiction Reflection, & More
June 8 - Witches Reviewed at Immortality & Beyond
June 8 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at Book'em Eric
June 12 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
June 12 - Witches Reviewed at Book'em Eric
June 16 - The Bull Years Reviewed at My World
July 16 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at A Book Lover's Library
July 19 - Witches Reviewed at A Book Lover's Library
June 19 - A Time for Ryda Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
June 22 - Witches Reviewed at Book Spark
June 23 - A Time for Ryda Reviewed at Book Spark
June 26 - The Reclaimed Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
July 1 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at Soliloquy
July 2 - A Time For Ryda Reviewed at Soliloquy
July 3 - The Reclaimed Reviewed at Soliloquy
July 3 - Witches Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
July 4 - Witches Reviewed at Soliloquy
July 5 - The Bull Years Reviewed at Soliloquy
July 6 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at B00K R3Vi3Ws
July 10 - Witches Reviewed at B00k R3Vi3wS
July 11 - Witches Reviewed at MK McClintock's Blog
July 13 - Rogue Powers Reviewed at Bren's Book Reviews
July 29 - The Reclaimed Reviewed at Self Taught Cook 


No comments:

Post a Comment