Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Trapped On Draconica

Trapped on DraconicaTrapped On Draconica by Dan Wright

Ben is just your typical teenager – loud, obnoxious and always getting himself into hot water. Coming from a troubled household, it’s no wonder Ben’s been on the wrong side of the tracks lately. Ben thinks that his troubles can't possibly get any worse. How wrong he is...
Mysteriously teleported to the world of Draconica, the homeland of the Dragons, Ben gets caught up in a invasion by the Baalarian Empire – who are hell-bent on capturing him. But what did Ben ever do to upset them?
With no idea how he got here – and with intentions only on getting home, Ben embarks on a fantastical journey. Joining forces with the Dragonkin sisters Daniar and Erowin, Ben must help them take down the Empire before their dark grasp tightens across the land.
Little does Ben realise that his role in this battle is far more vital than he realises – and that his coming here was no accident. So he embarks on a journey that will change his life forever.
Written by Dan Wright and featuring anime artwork by Alexis M. Centeno, Trapped on Draconica is an epic fantasy adventure that takes you on an incredible journey that you want to visit again and again.

My Review:
I got this book for review, and I have to say, seeing the cover and reading the description I honestly didn't think I'd care much for it.  It just didn't seem to be my cup of tea.  I started it anyway, like the good little reviewer..  I was actually quite surprised!  While the content was a bit different (and almost too out-there) for me, the writing style of Dan Wright was good and captivating..  It had me wanting, almost needing to keep reading to see what would happen next.  The characters in this book were a great mix.  First, of course, there were the heroes (Ben, Daniar, Erowin, etc) that I just couldn't help but love and hope the best for!  Second, there were the evils villains that I just loved to hate.  Around every turn there was something new and exciting, with unexpected plot twists galore!  The end of the book came with many such surprises, taking the plot in a completely unexpected direction.  It ended with a nice teaser of a possible sequel which, I have to admit, I'd be quick to read!
I give this book 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment